Terms & Conditions
1) All costs provided EXCLUDE VAT where applicable and are valid for thirty days from the date of the quotation.
2) The costs provided when quoting are guide prices based upon what we anticipate the creative, time and production requirements to be based on previous experience and on typical processes, plus client co-operation in the provision of content, meeting deadlines and approval. Within reason, additional charges may be payable if there are significant variations to this, although the client would be made aware of this well in advance. Charges are unlikely to deviate from those quoted unless requirements change significantly.
3) No creative or development work will commence until CJ Creates has received approval of the quotation (by verbal agreement, by hand or by email) and a minimum deposit of 50% of the agreed costs (unless otherwise agreed in writing). This ensures that CJ Creates is fully equipped to provide the very highest levels of service and expertise, from project inception through to completion. This also applies if a project is delivered in ‘stages’, whereby a deposit will be required before proceeding to each new stage. Once a 50% deposit is paid and work has begun this becomes nonrefundable. Unless otherwise agreed in writing from CJ Creates.
4) Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the balance of payment will be due in full on the invoice of project completion (e.g publishing of website, sending of e-shot etc): failure to make final payment at this point may result in delays in project delivery. Payments should be made within 14 days of invoice. Failure to pay within the allocated time can result in an additional charge of 5% added to each project invoice.
5) If a quotation has been provided where a job will be approached in ‘stages’, each stage will need to be paid in full on completion, before CJ Creates Creative Studio is able to progress to the next stage. Where a job has been quoted in two halves (initial 50% deposit and final 50% balance) the balance of payment may be charged in full either on completion of the project or over a number of further staged payments at the discretion of CJ Creates.
6) If any project exceeds the estimated timeline agreed or extends beyond twelve weeks from approval of quotation (whichever occurs first), CJ Creates reserves the right to invoice 25% of any outstanding balance, with the remaining 25% payable on completion.
7) Any printing, fulfillment, mailing or third-party services that are provided by CJ Creates will require a minimum up-front payment of 100% of the agreed cost (this figure will be at the discretion of CJ Creates and may in some cases be as much as 100%). Please note that CJ Creates will be unable to proceed to this stage without receipt of or proof of this payment.
8) Unless otherwise stated above or previously agreed in writing, all invoices are due within 14 days of any invoice date. Please note points number 3, 4, 5 and 7 above and how this could have an impact on time scales.
9) Unless otherwise agreed in writing, work will usually commence within two working days of deposit receipt. Any anticipated completion date provided by CJ Creates is subject to options chosen and client co-operation in the provision of information, resource (logos, images, content etc) and approval. CJ Creates will do it’s very best to ensure that agreed timelines are adhered to, but please be aware that circumstances, amends requested, failed supply of requested content or additional requirements may potentially result in delays. Timelines provided are estimated but CJ Creates will not be held liable if the project over-runs due to delays caused by the client passing information or approval, or any third party issues or force majeure (the act of God).
10) Costs provided allow for the presentation of a minimum of three creative options per brief for the client to choose from. In the unlikely event that the client is not satisfied with the first round of presented work, CJ Creates will develop a further round of additional creative development and presentation. If after this fourth round there is still no agreement on direction, CJ Creates reserves the right to potentially bring to an end an agreement with the client with no refund of deposit or payments made previously.
11) Costs provided allow for a maximum of three sets of client amends after which time additional charges may become payable, although the client would be made aware of this in advance.
12) At the end of each stage of the process (including – but not limited to – before sending an item to print or publishing a website etc) the client will need to ‘sign-off’ their approval either in person or by email. No further development can be undertaken until CJ Creates is in receipt of written approval confirmation. Any amends to work after signed approved may incur additional charges for further time spent, although the client would be made aware of this in advance.
13) Some projects will have costs allocated to them to allow for occasional meetings at key stages for a reasonable length of time between CJ Creates and client. Some meetings may incur additional charges for time spent, although the client would be made aware of this in advance.
14) Unless otherwise agreed in writing, projects are subject to a ‘standard disbursement charge’ to cover anticipated costs for in-house colour printing, travel, postage etc.
15) Unless otherwise specified, costs quoted exclude the following where relevant: VAT; print; commissioned illustration, photography or stock images; image retouching; image scanning; copywriting; postage, in-house colour print-outs and travel exceeding that allocated within the ‘standard disbursement charge’ above; couriers; other third-party costs incurred (such as merchant bank and payment gateway charges) etc.
16) It is assumed that unless otherwise stated, most copy and images will be provided by the client, although CJ Creates
will contribute to this (through headlines, and top-line messages etc) as a natural part of the creative process. CJ Creates is able to provide a full copywriting service or copy advice, as well as illustration and photography at an additional cost if required. Purchased royalty-free stock images from our standard sources (if required) will generally be priced at between £25 and £45 per image (dependent on source, image size and quality) to cover sourcing time and image costs. Specific image requirements not satisfied by our standard sources will be charged at cost + 15%, with prior client notification.
17) Although clients are not contract-bound to use CJ Creates to provide print service, it is highly recommended for quality control and peace of mind. If a client prefers to use their own print supplier, CJ Creates will simply provide artwork directly to the client to manage and forward, and will be unable to monitor, advise or take any responsibility for the process or final output.
18) In addition to print suppliers, CJ Creates works closely with sign manufacturers and installers, photographers, illustrators, film makers, interior designers and other relevant partners to provide an extensive high-quality service offering beyond immediate in-house capabilities.
19) Clients should be aware that due to a variety of factors there will often be variance in colours shown between in-house proofs, colours on the screen, printer’s proofs, and final printed items. These factors are determined by the source of the print or visual (each output source e.g the agency printer, the client’s printer, the image setter, the monitor etc will differ from the other), the types of inks or make-up of colours (even Pantone colours can vary significantly and often surprisingly depending on what stock or substrate they are printed on), the type of print process (short-run digital, longer-run litho printing), the substrate (paper, card, plastic etc) used, individual preferences (ambient light, personal computer settings etc) and several other reasons. As a result of this CJ Creates is unable to guarantee 100% consistency and accuracy of colour on all items and may not always be able to achieve the exact result expected by the client. In the case of printed items, the only true guide as to what is likely to be produced is to request a ‘wet-proof’ on the actual intended substrate with the actual inks to be used, although this will incur additional cost. However as long as the client accepts there may be inconsistencies across work produced, this step may not be necessary. CJ Creates does not accept any responsibility for colour variations as a result of these indeterminate factors.
20) Until payment is received in full, all designs, artwork and rights to design and artwork (whether in digital or printed format) remain the intellectual property of CJ Creates. Full copyright and ownership of all ‘commissioned’ work will reside with CJ Creates until full payment has been received, at which point CJ Creates will transfer to the client, all claims of ownership and full copyright for final work produced (not including alternative designs, concepts, options, files, images or documents developed throughout the process). This agreement is subject to appropriate credit and acknowledgment appearing and the agency’s right to use the work for self-promotion in its portfolio, in presentations, in advertising, in print and online.
21) CJ Creates will never knowingly infringe any copyright or trademark and will deliver, to the best of knowledge, creative solutions that are original and unique to CJ Creates. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, it is the responsibility of the client to ensure that no copyright or trademark has been infringed and to make their own application for copyright or trademark with the ‘UK Intellectual Property Office’ if required. Polar CJ Creates cannot be held liable for infringements by any third party or freelance designer.
22) If requested, CJ Creates will (at its discretion) provide the client with end-artwork in its final form (e.g. print-ready PDF; DVD master; outlined EPS file etc). However CJ Creates does not by default (and possibly without further charge) provide clients with original artwork or HTML code (for example an InDesign file, layered Photoshop file or HTML source file) or any working or development files, rejected concepts and designs, images or documents generated throughout the project. Ownership and copyright of all unused or rejected files, documents and designs will reside with CJ Creates for non-exclusive future use.
23) CJ Creates will not at any time or in any manner, either directly or indirectly, use for our personal benefit or divulge, disclose or communicate in any manner any information that is proprietary to the client. We will act reasonably to protect such information and treat it as strictly confidential.
24) The client agrees to indemnify CJ Creates and keep the agency indemnified and hold the agency harmless from and against any claims, actions, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, or expenses suffered or incurred in relation to work or services provided. CJ Creates is not liable for any loss that may occur before, during or after the development of projects undertaken. CJ Creates will not be held responsible for any delays, errors or losses arising from any third party.
25) The client agrees to alert CJ Creates in writing to any defects or problems in relation to work and services provided, within 30 days of the final invoice date. CJ Creates will not be liable for any claims made after this period.
26) For all web related projects, unless specifically stated, the client will retain 100% ownership of the web page design only (ownership is not applicable to proprietary software and programs or source code, such as databases, e-commerce and/or content management systems, web application source code or flash files/animations).
27) Appropriate credit and acknowledgment for work produced by CJ Creates should be attributed to CJ Creates where possible (for instance written in small text on the back of a printed item or at the bottom of a website) and may be referenced for the agency’s promotional purposes unless otherwise (in exceptional circumstances) prearranged with the client.
28) These terms and conditions of business supersede any previous versions and apply to all present and future projects unless otherwise agreed in writing. CJ Creates reserves the right to change or modify these terms at any stage with immediate effect. By agreeing to these terms, your statutory rights are not affected.